Dell has introduced the Latitude E6400 XFR rugged laptop engineered to meet the needs of customers in the harshest of environments.
The system meets a higher drop specification and offers a greater level of dust and moisture protection and is available in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. It starts at $4,299.
Designed for the military, first responders, oil and gas environments, manufacturing floors, field technicians and homeland security, the Latitude E6400 XFR features the Dell-exclusive Ballistic Armor Protection System featuring PR-481, which leverages a high-strength substance used for applications such as cryogenics, aircraft components, military equipment and medical devices.
Features of Ballistic Armor include:
- Twice the impact strength of magnesium alloy
- 25 percent higher drop specification than any computer in its class – up to four feet with system powered down and closed and up to 36-inch drop test with the unit operating and LCD open
- High compression strength for outstanding impact protection
- Structural stability at extreme temperatures
- Scratch resistance providing corrosion protection
The Latitude E6400 XFR also features PrimoSeal Technology to enhance protection from dust and liquid with compression gaskets that deliver a higher level of ingress protection, or shielding from dust and moisture, than any system in its class with an IP-65 rating. The fully rugged laptop is engineered and independently tested to more than 13 military standards (MIL STD 810F) for operation in challenging environments. It shares common images and components with the Dell Latitude E6400 laptops for easy integration into existing environments and enables low ownership costs.
The Latitude E6400 XFR also includes:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors and vPro technology for enhanced manageability and advanced security features
- QuadCool Thermal Management System allows the XFR to meet the MIL-STD 810F for temperature extremes and enables excellent performance – a fully configured Latitude E6400 XFR performs up to 90 percent faster than the Panasonic CF30
- Up to 167 percent faster than the Panasonic CF30 in graphics-intensive applications
- Extended field use batteries equipped with ExpressCharge enables battery re-charge up to two times faster than Panasonic CF-30
- At 2.2 inches thick and starting at 8.5 pounds, the Latitude E6400 XFR is 15 percent thinner and up to 5 percent lighter than the previous generation XFR
- Field-ready options include an in-vehicle docking solution, 12-cell rugged battery slice, E-family docking and legacy I/O adapter
- Large 14.1-inch wide display including DirectVue Technology – customers can work in direct sunlight on a screen that features impact resistance
- Optional Dell ProSupport service offerings.