Valve’s Turtle Rock Studios have rolled out an update for their brain-munching zombie co-op shooter – Left 4 Dead, that features a plethora of exploit/bug fixes and tweaks to the gameplay. Here are the patch notes:
* Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only.
* Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players.
* Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch.
* Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises.
* Improved loading time.
* Fixed mini-gun physics exploit.
* Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators.
* Fixed rare achievement bug issues.
* Fixed several map exploits.
* Fixed various match making issues.
* Fixed NAT traversal issues.
* Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players.
* Changed color of infected player name in chat to red.
* Fixed exploit where players could spawn infected bots
* Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots.
* Normalized special infected melee damage.
* Made the following client commands cheat protected: "Kill" and "explode".
* Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health.
* Players can only change teams once per map.
* Players can’t change teams while other players are still loading.
* Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode.
* Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route.
* Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch.
* Fixed team swap issue.
* Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing.
* Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does.
* Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance.
* Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break.
* Survivor’s cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging
* Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer.
* Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time.
* Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit
* Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts.
* Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors.