Wow! Is the first word that came to me when I heard the news and lay my peepers on the largest screen ever to make it to the mobile phone segment – 4.1-inches with a WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution. I was even more impressed when I saw the company that put this baby out. Toshiba has launched this iKiller, their TG01 PocketPC, that’s running on Qualcomm Snapdragon platform using a Windows Mobile 6.1 OS. Just so you know, there is no other mobile device that runs on this system yet.
Toshiba has also gone with a customized 3D UI to add a little pizzazz to the mix. The Mobile Internet Device is powered by a 1GHz mobile CPU. Aside from its extremely large display and a slim 9.9mm thick body, this GSM handset is quite well equipped too with features that include –
- Internal GPS with A-GPS
- Bluetooth 2.0
- EDGE/GPRS and 3G with HSDPA support
- 512MB internal memory with up to 32GB for external via MicroSD cards
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- Support for DivX video playback.
- Internet Explorer Mobile 6 with full support for Flash and a virtual track pad for web navigation
- Shake control for specific features as well as an accelerometer for screen rotation
Other than that the company and Qualcomm have claimed that the TG01 will actually be able to go for a whole day without recharging thanks to the CPU’s dynamic speed control.
The TG01 mobile will be available in two colors according to the images making the rounds – black and white. It’ll hit Europe later this year through exclusive operator deals. There’s no pricing mentioned yet so stay tuned.